Trip Lever location

Users who are viewing this thread

bigsky

Reaction score
When I order a toilet, I need to have the trip lever on the left side of the tank as I face the toilet. Do I order a Left hand trip lever or a right hand trip lever? I know this sounds dumb to ask but I am getting mixed messages when I ask. Some people say I need a right hand lever because the side is determined as though you are sitting on the toilet. Good grief. At least I have a 50/50 chance of being right.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to find a brand and model of toilet you want that has the flush handle on the side you want. Most toilets have them on the left, as your facing the toilet.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Standard has been on the left as you look at it.

A right hand tank is a special order and will be marked as a right hand.
I sell a few like that for the Drakes, sometimes in commerical handicap bathrooms you will need the trip lever to be on the side of the lav. And sometimes that means on the right.
ST743S, is standard tank with lever on left
ST743SR, is tank with right hand lever

cadet-3-right-hand-lever-01.jpg

American Standard Cadet 3 with right hand trip lever

Last edited:

bigsky

Reaction score
Thank you. Now I know what it is that I need. I really appreciate the quick replies.

And by the way, thank you for not making fun of me for asking the question.

bigsky

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Terry
Don't you like the way Toto just flips the trip lever upside down when it's on the right? I guess they can't figure out how to make one opposite to their standard one

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks