PEX connectors

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Overkill

Reaction score
Pahrump, NV (1hr drive over the mountain from Las
Hi all,

I have a question about methods for connecting PEX pipe to brass PEX fittings.

I’m in the market for a PEX connection tool for DIY that is reliable and won’t brake the bank. (I know reliability and cheap don’t go together but I won't be using the tool on a regular basis either.)

After looking for tools, I found two that fit into that category and connect four sizes of PEX.

1. Copper crimp ring method
2. SSC (stainless steel clamp) method

I can buy either method for less than $80 (shipping included) that will crimp 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" and 1". My house currently has all but the 3/8" installed.

In the town I live in it will cost me $16 to rent one size connection tool for a 3 hour time block.

My question is:
What are the advantages and disadvantage to each of the two methods?

Thanks in advance for your TIME , KNOWLEDGE and OPINIONS

-David

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I use the anealed copper crimping system. I looked at the stainless ring type but just donn't trust it. I can't address the differences between the 2.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks