Problem with Delta 17 series shower valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Keith B

Reaction score
I am remodeling my bathroom and have installed Delta series 17 shower valve. I put in the mixing cartridge and was only able to get hot water to come through. I thought the cartridge might be bad so I replaced it and now am able to get only cold water.

I am completely mystified. Installing these isn't rocket science but it sure has me stumped.

Any help will be appreciated.

Keith

delta-cartridge-summary.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Holybuzz

Reaction score
Coincidence

Keith B,

I don't have an answer for you, but I thought the following was pretty freaky.

I posted about my delta 17 series faucet about 12 hours after you posted about yours. (I didn't see your posting at the time.)

My name is Keith. My last name starts with B.

If you get an answer to your problem, let me know. It will probably be my answer :)

Spooooky!

Keith B

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

How far does the separate temperature handle turn? You might have the temperature limiter set for minimum so it will not rotate to the point where the hot water flows. You might have had the original one in reversed so the hot water flowed when it should have been cold.

Dircom

Reaction score
Delta 17

Does anyone know what the difference is between the 17 series and 17T? the cartridge is different, but what is the functional difference?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Delta is making I believe all their tub/showers now on the R10000 series rough-in valve. The roughin is an EMPTY body. The cartridge comes with the trim set, and can be pressure balanced, pressure balance with separate volume control, or thermostatically controlled. The 17T is the thermostatically controlled cartridge.

The picture on replacement cartridges has gotten cloudy. You need to know the age and model to select the right one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks