Toilet Flange Extenders - Silicone

Users who are viewing this thread

Bengal

Reaction score
I'm installing two toilet flange extenders to raise the flange height above the new ceramic tile floor. I put a bead of DAP 100% silicone caulk between the new and old flanges and screwed them down. This was the indoor/outdoor variety caulk. Is there any difference between it and the kitchen and bath 100% silicone caulk? Do I have to wait 24 hours for it to cure before installing the toilet? How soon can I hook up the water and test the toilet? Can you sense that I'm in a hurry?

TedL

Reaction score
The info on the cartridges or at the DAP web site would be the better way to find out differences. That would also be the better source for cure times.

Under normal circumstances (drain line not clogged) the seal between the old and added flange should not be dealing with any water pressure when the toilet is flushed. The tightly sandwiched position between the flanges will certainly help keep in place.

Other toilets? Why not wait?

Only toilet? I'd use it after the tack free time. I know the GE silicone I use is awfully difficult to remove from unintended locations. I can't picture it moving or being affected by a splash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks