Great New Idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
All my fellow Plumbers / DIY'S / Folks who like things neat !!!

Have a great customer who , one day not so long ago , I was replaceing his kitchen faucet and disposal . So I'm laid out there under his kitchen on my good size painter's drop cloth ( circa 1920) . Well , AS WE ALL KNOW , every time I lean over/under/sideways or upside down ,,,,,, I go sliding ALL OVER THE FREAKIN' PLACE !!! It sucks ! We all know it.

So Great Customer says ," Hold on there Cal, try this stuff that we sell."

http://www.carpetsaver.com/

This stuff is IT !! It is lite / washable / doesn't slide all over/ looks great and works GREAT !

Just thought I'd share something we can all use ! It's worth it.

Cal

Cookie

Reaction score
Cal, that is a great idea. Reason being, when I had my ceiling plastered in the kitchen, even though he laid down drop cloths from the entry to the kitchen, it became a mess. I had an awful mess afterwards to clean up. The hardwood floors got it, the area rugs; the drop cloths moved all over the place.

Don Metzinger

Reaction score
undersink padding

Working under sinks is a bit of a pain and that looks like it would be very useful but I found that I needed a little cushioning so I made up a pad by gluing several layers of very dense upholstery foam together, it is shaped like a ramp with one layer that extends into the cabinet opening. Kind of crude looking but it is like heaven, no cabinet edges digging into ribs. The foam I used was a very dense type left over from some chairs I reupholstered. The foam can be glued together with a spray on glue and shaped with sicissors and razors. Haven't fallen asleep under a sink yet but very comfortable. - Don

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
They discontinued the "plumber's wedge", but they replaced it with an "ergo-ramp" and they have other good stuff as well.

http://bennettedesigngroup.com/safety_tools/tradesmen-products/

I recently messed up my back hooking up a faucet because there was a high toe-kick and no board under this sink. So, it was up six inches and then down six inches, with a 1/2" thick board in the middle. Ouch!

Gonna buy stuff from this website soon.

Cal

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not talking about just under sinks !!! I'm talking ALL OVER as a drop cloth.

This stuff is SO MUCH BETTER then other types of drops.

Just check it out,, it's SWEET !

Cal

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
When working under sinks I arch my back off the edge with my feet and shoulders, the shoulders being in the sink base. Keeps the back mussels strong and no pain. Occasionally it is not possible but in those cases the wedge wouldn't help either.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cass said:
When working under sinks I arch my back off the edge with my feet and shoulders, the shoulders being in the sink base. Keeps the back mussels strong and no pain. Occasionally it is not possible but in those cases the wedge wouldn't help either.

The old "plumber's wedge" and the new "plumber's pad" have an additional piece that swings out to put your head and shoulders on.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've never seen those kinds of things ... but for years I just taped a piece of carpet padding to my knees since I didn't have knee pads.. then I've used a piece of plastic, table covers, etc for covering muddy areas under houses, pond liners are nice... I have a lower back cusion I've used for a head rest just like the wedge... always coming up with something... Hoo Ray for Duct Tape.... necessity is the mother of invention.....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks