Hydronic heating problem solved!

Users who are viewing this thread

Geoff

Reaction score
I'm pleased to say that my hydronic heating problem has been solved. Recall that the system was making a loud & annoying tapping sound each time the boiler started up & pumped new hot water thru the pipe?

One of the upstairs radiators sprung a leak which was irrepairable, so I got in a plumber experienced in these things. I got him to replace 2 old radiators and to put towel rack warmers in two bathrooms.

What do you know? The tapping has stopped. He explained that one towel heater nearest the boiler had probably expanded more than the pipes in the wall, so the pipes therefore didn't expand as much. Also the old leaky heater was probably letting air in slowly so that explains why I bled the system and still couldn't stop the tapping. So there were two problems after all.

how about that...I'm a happy man. And all it cost was $2000+ :>(

--Geoff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks