Small Bath...Need Diminutive Vanity & Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparking5

Electrician, JIW
Reaction score
I have a very small bath, not powder room. Only have a tub w/ no shower, small sq footage (haven't measured yet), sloped, curved ceiling to rear. Looking for compact ideas like diminutive sink/vanity. (Yea, I never heard that term before either, in this way so I had to look it up). In a word: tiny.

I have been seeing these shallow vanities around and thinking that way. Maybe a bar sink vs standard lav. Narrrow spaced faucet or single hole, maybe mounted in a corner.

From a designing point of view, adding horizontal lines (wallpaper, wainscoting), using light colors, using similiar colors/finishes, shiny/reflective stuff , lots of light would add visual space. It has a window in it w/ nice views from the throne, but will replace this jalousie type w/ a good quality vinyl. Double hung or maybe slider in this case cause I plan to have a handheld occasion shower option in this room. Then, no horizonatal plane for water to rest on??

I would like to stick around the original 1934 look. I'm gonna use beadboard wainscoting, probably stick w/ a cream white, resurface tub (Not DIYing that)in same, "whitewash" paint the trashed solid oak floor, maybe scrape most of paint layers off pine trim for a distressed look.

I digress, maybe few of you have an interest in the decorating part. I should probably post this on an interior design website.

Anyway, I tried to find some of these diminutive vanities online but no luck. Can't remember what box stores I saw them in.

This photo (below) was in an This Old House article but no reference to manu.

Got any other ideas/suggestions.

Diminutive:

diminutivesinkvanity.jpg

Existing:
P1010001.jpg

Photo002.jpg

2ndfloorbathwindowviewacrossflatroo.jpg

leif-amber

Reaction score
space saver sink

The sink you have shown is the same one I just bought for my very small bathroom (approx. 24 sq. feet). I got it at Lowes for 148 dollars. It comes with the cabinet, the basin, which hangs over the front of the cabinet and a mirror.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks