Overflow protection for sinks without overflow?

Users who are viewing this thread

bigWhisky

Reaction score
Has anyone run into a bathroom sink stopper with overflow protection built in? i.e.; electronic or pressure release to stop accidental overflow.

My OVE sink has no overflow, I really don't want a cleanup drain in my bathroom floor...

Any ideas?

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
might never be invented. No need.

for far too long people have objected to having overflow holes in their sinks. Used to be a Code requirement, now no longer is. Anyone who wants a sink with overflow can still buy one. Thousands of models out there.

david

JohnD

Reaction score
I sell quite a few custom vanity tops. You can pay anywhere from $10 to $20 per overflow on a custom top.

I ask my customers whether the bath is adult only or not. If it is an adult bath I recommend that they save their money, and spend somewhere else in their bath.

An adult usually won't turn on a faucet, pull the plunger and walk out of the room. If it is a drain problem an overflow won't help anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks