Kitchen and bath sink to 3" waste line

Users who are viewing this thread

VT David

Reaction score
Scenario: 3" drain that will connect to 1st floor toilet. kitchen and bathroon sink upstream from the 3" waste line. No disposal, dishwasher to be installed. Kitchen and bath 1 1/2" drains are vented at each location.

Best connection is:

A. Connect kitchen and bath with 1 1/2" 'Y' then run single 1 1/2" line to 3" drain connecting in a 3 X 3 X 1 1/2 T after toilet 90 deg. Toilet waste would then be in the 3" line before sink drain connection to the 3" sewer line.

OR

B. Extend 3" waste line beyond the toilet, connecting the toilet with a T, then connect the 1 1/2" bath and kitchen sink lines to the 3" sewer line.

Runs: From kitchen to Kit/bath 1 1/2" T connection would be 6 1/2'.
From bath sink to Kit/Bath 1 1/2" T would be 5 1/2'
Kit/Bath 1 1/2" T to 3" Y connectionis less than 2'
Toilet waste flange to vertical waste sewer is 3 1/2'

All runs will have 1/4" per ft slope.

Thanks you all for your time monitoring these forums and your excellent advise.

Thank you,
VT David

formerly of NH

Diagrammed PIC

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o140/BreezyVT/Drain2.jpg

Last edited:

Solsacre

Plumber
Reaction score
alright.... alot of that depends on local codes.... but I would never run a kitchen line less than 2". It's easy to pay a plumber (tell him or her what you want) an hour ($70?) to give you good local advice.

good luck

dances-with-pumps

VT David

Reaction score
This is a modular home and the kitchen line through the wass to the basemet where it will connect is 1 1/2". Should I reun 2 " from there.

Building codes; none around here! Which is why i would like to know best practice on this design. Thanks

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My little brain will not picture all of that at one time. I need a picture/drawing. Doodle one with "paint" then post it to photobucket.com and put it on here. My opinion, and what I've learned by reading this board is that the line to a shower or washing machine should be 2", the stand pipe for the washing machine could be 1 1/2". A tub is okay with 1 1/2". I'd question whether or not you could run all together on the same 1 1/2" line before going into a tee on 3". It would work if you didn't release water in too many at the same time... that's why you need to run them into a bigger line. As for where the tee in the 3" needs to be I don't know that it matters, all are going to the same place.

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Try something like this....

Attachments

• plmg.jpg
    plmg.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 448

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Or if you add a second waste for the lav...

Attachments

• plmg2.jpg
    plmg2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 470

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Gotta get me one of them fancy programs like that so I can draw some purdy pictures too!

VT David

Reaction score
ThankYou

That is not only a pretty picture but exactly what I need to do to plumb the drains, easily and effectively.

Thanks you for your help

David

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Note: just make sure you include the test T for a cleanout over the sanT for the toilet - there has to be a full sized cleanout for the 3" line...
If you don't want to put it there, you will have to re-configure the piping to locate one elsewhere...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks