Super Shower System?

Users who are viewing this thread

scotty g

Reaction score
I'm planning new construction of my ultimate shower / steam shower combination...... and I would like to have multiple showerhead(s) / body spray(s) integrated.

If I only have a plain-jane 1 inch main water feed... how could I maximize my water volume? I was thinking I could have two 80 gal water tanks ( one for the body sprays / one for the shower heads ) and having about 60 psi of pressure in the system.... would this work...has anyone done something like this?
( I'm not planning on using all 160 gallons!

Clayton

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Clayton

How many shower heads ? how many body sprays? What are their flow rates?
How many do you plan to run at the same time? What is the flow rate of your Thermostatic valve? Do you need or want more than one Thermostatic valve? How many volume controls or diverters do you need? How many shower heads or body sprays will be on each volume control or diverter port? What is the flow rate of your volume controls and or diverters? How many minutes will a person be in this shower typically and how many people will use it in succession? You have a 1" line to your shower already or is that the size feeding your entire house? Can you get a 1" or 3/4" line to your shower if it isn't there yet?

EDIT: miss read your post :eek: , must of been awake too late.
Need to know your gpm of this super shower system before you can size your
water tank, line, heater, pump system, ....

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

Are you on a well? What kind of water tanks are you proposing? A simple storage tank, similar to a water heater, would have absolutely no effect on the volume at the shower head. A "Plain Jane" 1" water line has more than enough volume for any shower system you can design, and definitely more than any one shower valve can deliver.

scotty g

Reaction score
Thankyou for the replies...I'm working through this fantasy. The main line entering the house is 1"...water pressure seems good with just one showerhead. I haven't bought anything as of yet.
My concern was if I had an overhead shower (maybe 8" SUNFLOWER type) from one 80~40 gallon tank and 5 body sprays from another 80~40 gallon tank, would there be equal pressure if on at the same time?
( since this will be new construction.... I could get 1" pipe to the shower or would using 3/4" pipe matter?)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The restriction would probably be the valve in the shower. They usually come in 1/2" and 3/4" supply versions. A showerhead is usually restricted to 2.5 gallons/minute. A 1/2" supply is good for probably two heads. The bigger thing you may want to consider is just how long you could shower. Say 4 heads going - 10 gallons per minute, you'd want one huge tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks