A few misc questions

Users who are viewing this thread

traveling man

Reaction score
It's time to change the diaphram water tank. Does a larger capacity tank mean that the pump will not have to come on as often? I have a 20/40 pressure switch at present. The tank comes with 30 lbs of pressure installed. Do I have to let out 10 lbs to match my switch? Will a 40/60 switch result in more water pressure? Is there anything special I need to know about installing a new tank?

Thanks much to this forum. I have learned quite a bit about my water well system.

Traveling Man

Speedbump

Reaction score
It's time to change the diaphram water tank. Does a larger capacity tank mean that the pump will not have to come on as often? Yes it does, or get a Cycle Stop Valve
I have a 20/40 pressure switch at present. The tank comes with 30 lbs of pressure installed. Do I have to let out 10 lbs to match my switch? Let out 12 pounds to make the pressure in the tank 18 lbs.
Will a 40/60 switch result in more water pressure? Yes, but air the tank up to 38 lbs.
Is there anything special I need to know about installing a new tank? Should be a direct replacement all but the air pressure.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks