(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: A few misc questions

Default A few misc questions

It's time to change the diaphram water tank. Does a larger capacity tank mean that the pump will not have to come on as often? I have a 20/40 pressure switch at present. The tank comes with 30 lbs of pressure installed. Do I have to let out 10 lbs to match my switch? Will a 40/60 switch result in more water pressure? Is there anything special I need to know about installing a new tank?

Thanks much to this forum. I have learned quite a bit about my water well system.

Traveling Man

Previous member

It's time to change the diaphram water tank. Does a larger capacity tank mean that the pump will not have to come on as often? Yes it does, or get a Cycle Stop Valve
    I have a 20/40 pressure switch at present. The tank comes with 30 lbs of pressure installed. Do I have to let out 10 lbs to match my switch? Let out 12 pounds to make the pressure in the tank 18 lbs.
    Will a 40/60 switch result in more water pressure? Yes, but air the tank up to 38 lbs.
    Is there anything special I need to know about installing a new tank? Should be a direct replacement all but the air pressure.

bob...

Default A few misc questions

Thanks Bob for the quick response. You are always very informed.

Traveling Man