Handle slips occasionally on new toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

hawksnest

Reaction score
I installed an American Standard "non clogging" toilet(the one advertised as flushing a bunch of golf balls) from Home Depot 4 months ago. Every couple days the flush handle just drops down with no resistance and you have to press it a second time to flush it. Not a major deal but very anoying with a supposedly top of the line toilet, especially if it would get worse.
What do you think causes it and is there anything I can do short of ripping the toilet apart and trying to deal with the warrantee?

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I can't think of a thing that would cause a toilet handle to drop down on it's own. Pushing one down with no resistance tells me the chain to the flapper is too loose and the chain needs shortened.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks