Help! I need a Deep,Large Single Basin Sink

Users who are viewing this thread

cfrussin

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any of the double laundry sinks have a solid center? It may sound silly, but I am putting a laundry/toilet/utility room off the kitchen which is going to be part of the new garage. I had put a 25"x22" Swanstone laundry sink in the current laundry room and that's where my wife gives all of HER dogs their baths. 4 of them are small dogs that fit in perfectly. The 5th one is a Welsh Corgy (she got for ME to ride around with me from job to job), and he doesn't fit. I say just turn him upside down when you want to wash the other end. She doesn't find that amusing.....Anyways, I looked at a Moen Granite kitchen sink that has a bowl that is 30x16x10. That would work. I've measured the Corgy. But my plumber quoted me $485 for it! Ouch. Anyways, back to the laundry sink. If the center of a double laundry sink is solid, I was thinking I could router out the center section and sand/grind down the rest and leave 3/4" so the two bowls stay connected. Does anyone know if this would work? :D

Bob NH

In the Trades
Reaction score
OOOOH such troubles.:)

Since the Corgi seems to be a house dog (otherwise why the bath), give him a bath in the bathtub. It works especially well if you have one of those hand-held sprayers.

Or give him a 2-"person" man-dog shower when you jump in.

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
are you planning to put a floor drain in?

hi!

with a floor drain, the dogs can dry off just outside the tub. The tub get 90% of the water. The floor gets the rest. Good for winter mud and snow too.

btw, i saw 36" by 18" by 18"deep concrete planter tubs, on the internet. $100 plus Shipping. Old laundry tubs used to be made of concrete. You can make your own, too, out of Wedi board and tile.

david

Last edited:

cfrussin

Reaction score
Bathtub????

Bob NH said:
OOOOH such troubles.:)

Since the Corgi seems to be a house dog (otherwise why the bath), give him a bath in the bathtub. It works especially well if you have one of those hand-held sprayers.

Or give him a 2-"person" man-dog shower when you jump in.

Is it because we live in NH or we're men? That was my idea. But the only tubs are on the second floor. She did that a couple of times and told me that if I can buy every time saving tool made, than I can use them to save her some time. If I have to I'll build one. I built a glass shower with mud bed and tile recently so I guess I'll have to just scale it down. Gotta keep her happy.....Otherwise I might have to get a real job.:D

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here's an idea... if you have room for it.
As a matter of fact... one of my other talent's... before becoming intelligent and getting in the plumbing business I was running a pet shop and for a couple of years I was "THE" dog groomer. There are zillions of old mobile homes around here and many are headed to the bone yard. I found an old one with a 4 ft bath tub which worked perfectly for dog baths... FREE! I built a wooden frame to hold it up so the side was waist high. I used standard tub valves and rather than connecting a tub spout I used a hose pipe bibb so I could adjust the water temp then use the bib to adjust the flow and just used a short hose pipe to wash the dog. Later I added a male end to the hose pipe and a regular sprayer like you would use to wash a car with...worked great and I definitely washed my share of dogs in that tub set up....many Saturdays I washed 10-15 dogs...even had to build a ramp so the big dogs could walk up it and into the tub.

cfrussin

Reaction score
Elkay

hj said:
Why not an Elkay 31x22 deep single bowl sink?

The only Elkay that I've been able to find anywhere that matches your dimensions is an undermount model. I've even tried to figure out how to secure that sink on top of a regular formica counter. If they make a drop in model it would work...:confused:

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Is there any reason it has to really be deep? Generally when you bathe a dog you don't want it to swim? Why not just a raised shower floor? A nice fancy shower with ceramic tile sounds kool to me.... then you have cabinet space underneath to store all of your dog stuff..... The only real need for deep sides is to keep a little of the water off of you when they shake it off...then they're going to give you a shower anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks