Thanks Everyone Here! Remodeling FINISHED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jafo

Reaction score
I have been remodeling an apartment for what seemed to be forever and asked many questions on many forums when I needed help. Now that I have some time, I have been going back to the helpful ones and posting the final result and saying thanks.

I would like to thank those who were helpful with my plumbing question in the end, it was priceless.

I do have before and after pics of this extensive renovation along with a story of what needed to be done. I should warn you, this place was utterly destroyed when I started, so some of the pics are of some really trashed areas of the home. This might also be a lesson for landlords:

Anyway, here is the link to the entire story:

http://boonville.net/index.html

Thanks again!

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
My mom's rental property is how I became a handyman and eventually this led into me becoming a plumber.... as amazing as it seems this is very typical of low rent housing. I have actually seen worse!
After VERY MAJOR rennovations I improved mom's situation by doing a couple of things... RAISED THE RENT! People who pay more tend to take better care of things! AND... I tried to get ALL section 8 tennants...that meant that the government paid and we didn't have to chase down tennants for the rent! ALSO, even though the tennants were not very good at all I was able to get so much more rent that it covered the cost of the major clean up that followed. We were getting 150% by renting to these "welfare recipients" and it was guaranteed government money. Nevertheless... if they could find a way to skin you for money they would. A few stories I could tell about that whole experience!

Jafo

Reaction score
Pewterpower said:
Dayum!! That is a great story, though. Good job.

Thanks, I hope I never have to clean something like that again in my lifetime, but the remodeling itself was a lot of fun.

wes-in-nc

Reaction score
I need to go take 4 showers now after seeing the before shot of the bathroom:eek: Looks like you did a great job.

Jafo

Reaction score
wes-in-nc said:
I need to go take 4 showers now after seeing the before shot of the bathroom:eek: Looks like you did a great job.

Funny, I felt the same way after I took the old shower out. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks