(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Thanks Everyone Here! Remodeling FINISHED!

Default Thanks Everyone Here! Remodeling FINISHED!

I have been remodeling an apartment for what seemed to be forever and asked many questions on many forums when I needed help. Now that I have some time, I have been going back to the helpful ones and posting the final result and saying thanks.

I would like to thank those who were helpful with my plumbing question in the end, it was priceless.

I do have before and after pics of this extensive renovation along with a story of what needed to be done. I should warn you, this place was utterly destroyed when I started, so some of the pics are of some really trashed areas of the home. This might also be a lesson for landlords:

Anyway, here is the link to the entire story:

http://boonville.net/index.html

Thanks again!

Dayum!! That is a great story, though. Good job.

My mom's rental property is how I became a handyman and eventually this led into me becoming a plumber.... as amazing as it seems this is very typical of low rent housing. I have actually seen worse!
    After VERY MAJOR rennovations I improved mom's situation by doing a couple of things... RAISED THE RENT! People who pay more tend to take better care of things! AND... I tried to get ALL section 8 tennants...that meant that the government paid and we didn't have to chase down tennants for the rent! ALSO, even though the tennants were not very good at all I was able to get so much more rent that it covered the cost of the major clean up that followed. We were getting 150% by renting to these "welfare recipients" and it was guaranteed government money. Nevertheless... if they could find a way to skin you for money they would. A few stories I could tell about that whole experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Pewterpower
    Dayum!! That is a great story, though. Good job.
    Thanks, I hope I never have to clean something like that again in my lifetime, but the remodeling itself was a lot of fun.

I need to go take 4 showers now after seeing the before shot of the bathroom Looks like you did a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by wes-in-nc
    I need to go take 4 showers now after seeing the before shot of the bathroom Looks like you did a great job.
    Funny, I felt the same way after I took the old shower out.