upstairs bathroom drain/vent question

Users who are viewing this thread

Bobawho

Reaction score
Hello all...I'm in the process of expanding an upstairs bathroom that I gutted with the exception of the main stack drain/roof vent..In one corner of the room i'm installing a custom neo angle shower..directly next to that along the same wall a corner jetted drop in tub.Both of these units are on the opposite wall as the main drain, which is about 12 feet away the toilet and sink being close to the main drain....My question is.Their is no wall in the design between the tub and shower so my vent line has be ran horizontally to either an inside or outside wall before rising up into the attic to tie back into the roof vent..Can the vent line be either tied in either up stream or downstream from the traps and do I need a separate vent for both tub and shower.Also what type of fitting is best to connect both drains to the 2 inch drain line? Thank you very much for all answers..Bob

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
They each need their own vent. How far from the traps will the vents be?

Bobawho

Reaction score
upstairs bathroom tub/shower vent and drain ?

the walls which I will be venting upward are about 5 or 6 feet from the traps depending which way I route them

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks