(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Correctly Charged?

Default Correctly Charged?

I've had my first major plumbing done at my house. We had a break in the seam all along the whole length of a cast iron drainage pipe that ran probably 12 feet. It was tight and they (2 plumbers most of the time, 3 plumbers some of the time) had to remove it in pieces. I got charged $900 from work and parts from 9:30 am 2:30pm.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking thats ok

yes, that sounds about right

Sounds like 10-15 man hours at $40-$60 per man hour would have been a good deal...but they threw in the parts too! You should be ashamed of yourself for treating plumbers like that.

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking what about pain and suffering

dont forget spider bites and cobwebs....

tight crawl spaces always cost more......

I went in to a really tight hole last monday morning
    and crawled around for about 1 hour with a dummey
    handing me a couple fo 1/2 brass compression fitings
    from the carwl space door...

I charged $275 to capp off two abandoned copper lines

I think I pulled a groin muscle...

and have really not been on my best game ever since...

all I needed was some bullets flying over me
    as I was squirming through this mud and gravel

and it would have been just like on a Marine training drill at
    boot camp...

Sounds about my little job yesterday evening... laying in mud wedged under joist and having to reach over and around duct to saw busted cpvc while the owners puppy walks up my back and starts biting my ears....

He was just taste testing you, Randy,

Quote Originally Posted by master plumber mark

All I needed was some bullets flying over me
    I was working on someone's sprinkler system this past summer, and all of a sudden I heard guns going off all around me and heard bullets whizzing by. Turned out that the teenage kids and their friends were having a little fun shooting at birds and squirrels and anything else they could see. I mentioned it to "mom" but she just screamed at them and they stopped for a few minutes. Then they started up again.

You got off easy.

I think he should had gotten it for free, LOL.
    And, been offered lunch, too.

You mean treat him like the relatives who call me when they want it for free but call someone else when the feel up to paying for it...whatever"it"is.... It's funny how they sometimes think the toothless wonder, level headed snuff-dipper down the road is worth more than I am... Heck I actually read the book and took the test!

Sheesh, I hate it when my attempts at having some light-hearted fun, goes astray.

But, we all got those relatives, you would not believe mine, but, hey you never know what tomorrow may bring, and the sun will still come up.

You got off WAY easy for that tough job !

$900 ?? You need to buy that guy a nice bottle of Crown Royal and give out his card!

The job he had to do for you SUCKS !!! He's a good man .

Cal

Default Whizzing

Quote Originally Posted by Verdeboy
    I was working on someone's sprinkler system this past summer, and all of a sudden I heard guns going off all around me and heard bullets whizzing by. Turned out that the teenage kids and their friends were having a little fun shooting at birds and squirrels and anything else they could see. I mentioned it to "mom" but she just screamed at them and they stopped for a few minutes. Then they started up again.

If you know what the sound of bullets whizzing by you sounds like, and they really were that close, and the mom not caring like that, there would have been a very big whiz charge on my invoice!!!!! Then a call to 911. I am pro gun but anti gun recklessness.
    Last edited by Cass; 12-30-2006 at 05:53 AM.

Default bullets

I was working on the ground work for a new school years ago, when it sounded like bees flying around. Then I realized it was bullets. My partner and I dropped to the ground and I crawled over to the transit and took the scope to try to see where they were coming from. A couple of kids were shooting at something on top of a small hill and we were on the other side of it. They took off cross country and we could not find which house they went into.

Quote Originally Posted by Cass
    If you know what the sound of bullets whizzing by you sounds like, and they really were that close, and the mom not caring like that, there would have been a very big whiz charge on my invoice!!!!! Then a call to 911. I am pro gun but anti gun recklessness.
    I failed to mention that these were bee bee guns. But I'm sure they would sting pretty good.