(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best location for pressure switch?

vaplumber

Quote Originally Posted by sammyhydro11
    . But hey man,i do respect you for what you do and it sounds to me like i could learn alot from a person like yourself.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

SAM
    Sammy, I know that we could all learn a lot from you too, and Happy new years to every one here! I do apologize for my heated come back.

As for the pressure switch 120 feet from the tank, WOW!!!! I am suprised that this really worked. Sammy is right on there. That switch should be no more than about a foot and a half from the tank tee, and on the well side of the line, and closer would be even better. I think that you will find if you ever have to replace that switch, the new ones are made so cheap and with lighter springs and rubber in stead of metal diaghrams, and a new one would never work where the old one is. Ive replaced old ones that were as many as 6 foot from the tank and worked for 30 years, but when I put the new one on, I would get swicth chatter and water pulsations.

You guys must be bored. As I [with some sarcasm] and Bobnh has said, throw some straw or paper or foam or dirt over the pipe. Build a nice little box to contain it all if need be. Hope for gophers and rats to tunnel in and add BTU's.

Thats absolutely all grandma needs or might afford. Thats exactly all that the neighbors did also. Pitless adapters are a unneeded complication in this climate.

Granma coud actually take this solution in her own hands if she read this forum, would not even need the friend.

vaplumber

Like your reply Raucina!

That switch should be no more than about a foot and a half from the tank tee, and on the well side of the line, and closer would be even better.

VAL,
    Can the switch be plumbed directly to the water pipe?
    Meaning, insert a tee in the line in front of the tee to the bladder tank and use a reducing bushing to accept the threaded connection on the bottom of the switch?

Or would a better location be on the line to the bladder tank?

TYIA
    Jeff

vaplumber

Plumb the switch into the line between the pump and tank as close to the tank as possible. A tee and bushing will work fine. If you put the switch after the tank, you may get chatter.