Problems with wall-mounted kitchen faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Marilyn

Reaction score
In April, 2001 my tenant had a Wolverine faucet installed. Since then, I have had to replace the cartridges three times (tomorrow will be the fourth), twice on the cold water side, twice on the hot water side.

The faucet has a "life-time" warantee. Wolverine won't help me since I'm an end-user, not a plumber. The plumbing company that installed the unit was sold to another firm (they claim they only purchased the name, not the liabilities!).

I think that the problem is due to buildup of minerals, etc. The old faucet with washers never had this kind of problem.

Any suggestions from the pros?

Marilyn

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like you would be better off installing a non-cartridge type of faucet...something with the good old rubber washers.

Those cartrdge faucets will get clogged repeatedly if you have debris in your water lines...as you have found out.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Reaction score
Wolverine Faucet

I checked out Orchard Supply and Home Depot this morning. Neither sells wall-mounted faucets with washers. Any suggestions of brands or suppliers?

Marilyn

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Ace hardware usually stocks them, at least where I live.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Delta

Delta makes a single handel washerless wall mount

kitchen faucet ..... It will work for -ever....

and is very easy to change out the gaskets if it wre to clog up

go to delta faucet .com and you should be able to look it up

it looks real nice and costs about $125.00

It should be availabe in most plumbing supply houses only...
it is beginning to become sort of a rare fixture to find....

I am pretty sure what company you got that

wolverine faucet from... Old Ben?? right??

you think that they would at least stand behind the product that
they sold you in the first place

Last edited:

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Let Wil_ design it for you.. he'll put you in a very elegant bath & kitchen for a zillion dollar mansion. (Actually I like Wil's ideas...just out of my pocket book zone).

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks