Pumptrol problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
This has been a confusing thread. The problem may be just starting if you saw white plastic pieces like shreaded wheat in your valves. This could be the beginning of the shreading of the impellers in the old Sta-Rite shread-O-matic that they put out in the eightys. It was a big engineering screw up on their part and they had thousands of these pumps go bad in all sorts of time frames.

bob...

ddeblance

Reaction score
Speedbump, I didn't see anything like shreaded wheat in hte check valve. After I pulled the valve and could look into it, there was a white plastic ring that is part of the mech in the valve. It was cracked. Probably letting water seap back from the tank into the well. I should have taken pictures of it before I tossed it. But the new valve doesn't have anything plastic in it.

Not sure what's so confussing here. Maybe just my wording.

Speedbump

Reaction score
That's a good thing. I thought you said you saw shavings of plastic, and that is what the Shred-O-Matic impellers look like when they start going.

bob...

ddeblance

Reaction score
checkvalve_cutaway.jpg

Ok, this is what my check valve looked like. See where the spring pushes against the casing and the other end against the white plastic. That is where it was cracked. Probably off centering the spring causing the seal to be off center as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks