The tank sure sounds like a regular air over water steel tank, not a bladder tank.
Just to clarify, a Schraeder valve is like the valve you air a tire up with. A snifter valve is the type of valve that an air volume control uses.
If the tank isn't a bladder type, and there is a snifter valve installed, there should be a line from the valve to the tank.