Please Help! (smiles)

Users who are viewing this thread

Koidaddy

Reaction score
Need your help on a couple of issues.

First; My hot water is in short supply these days - used to be able to fill the bath full up and water was still hot... now I only get about 6 inches or so. Tank is electric, original with the house (12 years old). There is only two adults in the household, so do you think I should be running out to replace it or is there something I should check first (fuses?)

Second;

I'm in the middle of a bathroom redo and it's a learn as you go project. In the following picture you will see my old fitting to my shower. I want to replace it. It's gotta be easy, cuz I don't have any extra dough for a plumber. I'll probably replace it with the same type of "one lever" system.

Can I just unscrew the old one and screw on a new one?? or does this involve soldering and such?

Thanks for your help!
Chris

Attachments

• mini-Step 2 (3).JPG
    mini-Step 2 (3).JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 278

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hot water:

You probably need heating elements or thermostat replaced. After 12 years, it would be better to get a new tank than to spend a lot of dough trying to fix it. Unless you can learn to do it yourself.

Shower faucet:

What's wrong with the one you have? Looks like a Delta brand. You can get all kinds of replacement parts and just keep the one you have. No soldering neded.

Koidaddy

Reaction score
Verdeboy said:
Hot water:

You probably need heating elements or thermostat replaced. After 12 years, it would be better to get a new tank than to spend a lot of dough trying to fix it. Unless you can learn to do it yourself.

Shower faucet:

What's wrong with the one you have? Looks like a Delta brand. You can get all kinds of replacement parts and just keep the one you have. No soldering neded.

Thanks for the quick response! Yes, it is a Delta faucet... a white Delta faucet - and I want chrome. can I replace the parts with chrome??:confused:

Thanks for your help!
Chris "The Newbie"

Norcal1

Plumber/Owner
Reaction score
Koidaddy said:
Thanks for the quick response! Yes, it is a Delta faucet... a white Delta faucet - and I want chrome. can I replace the parts with chrome??:confused:

Thanks for your help!
Chris "The Newbie"

Call Delta and ask if you can upgrade that style with chrome.

Replacing a shower valve is not a do it yourself project, in my opinion and experience. I've been called out many times to "rescue" DIYers that "flooded" their house because of improper installation.

Good luck.

Koidaddy

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your help. I found the parts I need to upgrade online.

Chris
:D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks