pop-up sprinker flooding

Users who are viewing this thread

dianne

Reaction score
The sprinker head is close to my driveway and I may have driven over it. It floods when the sprinklers go on. I replaced the broken riser. When it pops-up it stays up and lots of water appears to be bubbling up from somewhere. Can anyone help me understand what's going on?

Teamo

Reaction score
You could have cracked the tee or the sprinkler body or sometimes there is a rock lying against the line and that ends up puncturing it. The only way to know is to dig it up and have a look.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Lots of times the sprinkler is attached solidly to the supply line. The best way is to use a swing pipe that will give when driven over or stepped on. There's no doubt in my mind that the break is in the tee or supply pipe as the previous responders have indicated. Cheap and easy repair.:)

Teamo

Reaction score
Yeah I like the swing pipe the best. It allows you to set the sprinkler in just the right spot and height without having to fight with those riser pipes.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Exactly! Sure wish I knew about that when I installed my system 20 years ago. Hell, I cut and fit everything solid PVC! I've rework alot of the system since, and sure have learned to love swing joints.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks