Basement Dap Out has Water

Users who are viewing this thread

lperrin

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm fairly new to plumbing and am attempting to finish off a basement bathroom. The vent/waste system was roughed in during construction of the home. A dap out was left for the shower drain. It was not trapped and only a stub of 2" pvc protrudes into the dap out space. The drain pipe sits very close to the bottom of the dap out. So to install the trap I began to dig away some of the gravel to add depth for the trap. Much to my surprise I noticed that there was some water beginning to appear after digging down about 4" beneath the basement floor slab. My thought is that this is the water table. I don't know if this is a problem or not. My initial thought is yes this is a problem. If it is a problem, I'd really appreciate some advice on how to handle it. Thank you in advance.

lperrin

Reaction score
Water Table

Thanks for the reply. My initial thought is to put a plastic sheathing underneath the trap and drain and fill the dap out with concrete. Any thoughts on that?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks