Autotrol 255 Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

jslear

Reaction score
I have a three-year old Autotrol 255 with a 440 timer. It was working fine until a week ago. Now, when the regeneration process runs, it sounds like it's running through the process okay, but it doesn't draw any brine AND it also doesn't send any water to the brine tank during the fast rinse/refill step. Following the manual, I've replaced the check valve (there was no ball in the original one!), I've cleaned the injector and injector screen. Is there one failed item that can cause both of these symptoms? Any advice would be appreciated... Thanks!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Make sure it is plugged into a working 120v receptacle and keeps time and rotates the flapper valve cam shaft during a manual regeneration.

Remove the injector and make sure you can see light through it length wise and that is not partially blocked.

Remove the salt dose control and make sure it is not blocked. Remove the injector and the injector screen and run a small brush through the injector/screen passage way; in the injector hole out the screen hole on the other side of the control.

jslear

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions on the Autotrol 255 problem. It DID turn out to be related to the suction line from the brine tank - it had a clog in the bottom of the feed line. Thanks again... - js

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks