(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Basement Dap Out has Water

Default Basement Dap Out has Water

Hello,

I'm fairly new to plumbing and am attempting to finish off a basement bathroom. The vent/waste system was roughed in during construction of the home. A dap out was left for the shower drain. It was not trapped and only a stub of 2" pvc protrudes into the dap out space. The drain pipe sits very close to the bottom of the dap out. So to install the trap I began to dig away some of the gravel to add depth for the trap. Much to my surprise I noticed that there was some water beginning to appear after digging down about 4" beneath the basement floor slab. My thought is that this is the water table. I don't know if this is a problem or not. My initial thought is yes this is a problem. If it is a problem, I'd really appreciate some advice on how to handle it. Thank you in advance.

Default water

If that is the water table, then there is little you can do about it, except hope it does not rise any higher.

Default Water Table

Thanks for the reply. My initial thought is to put a plastic sheathing underneath the trap and drain and fill the dap out with concrete. Any thoughts on that?