Toto Carrollton Toilet installation

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeT

Reaction score
Hello :
I'm planning on replacing my existing - builder grade - toilet with a new Carrollton from Toto. Both toilets are elongated. The rough-in for the toilet looks to match. However, the rough-in note on the Carrollton page mentions that it is not the norm. I assume that with a flexible supply line that I can overcome any issues - correct? I also noticed that Carrollton was not on the list of recommended toilets. We picked this model purely for the design. The internals seem to match others such as the Drake ( which is on the recommended list ). Any issues with the Carrollton? Finally, the house was built in 1993 - the first year of the low-flow toilet mandate. Because of the poor design, they perform poorly. Do I need to be concerned about the effect of the Carrollton on the waste system? It looks like the new toilet will be producing a lot more force. We're on a septic system - if that matters.
Thanks for all the help.
Mike

cst774s-01.jpg

CST774S TOTO Carrollton

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
install_unifit_6.jpg

The Unifit adpapter gets installed first.

Anything G-Max or PowerGravity from Toto will work fine. It may not be on the list, I put some representitive stuff on there.

The Carrollton uses the Unifit adapter, so that mounts first, then the toilet drops down. It the bowl needs shimming, shim the back, pinning the front down to the floor. Then tighten up the back nuts on their bolts.

drake_sand_bolt3.jpg

I always like to sand where the tank bolts go down too.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks