Something learned from my younger brother

Users who are viewing this thread

SRdenny

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
I hooked up two new lavy faucets yesterday. Before testing them, it is wise to remove the spout aerator. In this case the aerators were factory tightened a bit too much. Not to worry. Some years ago my brother, Todd, came up with a great idea to remove aerators. He cut a piece of 7/8" dishwasher hose and placed it over the aerator, gave ot a twist and it came right off. No scratches and no sweating. One of his simple but effective inventions.

Randyj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I remember reading helpful hints in Mechanix Illustrated some 40 or so years ago... similar scenario .... wrap with a piece of cardboard before putting a pipe wrench or pliers on it.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
It works on the same principle as the disc of rubber they sell to aid in the removal of jar screw tops. Good idea.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks