Propane ventless heater

Users who are viewing this thread

Weaselpolooza

Reaction score
I just had a 30,000 btu ventless heater installed in my garage. I heats the garage just fine , but I have noticed that my eyes get irritated and start to burn when the heater is on. I wouldn't think this is normal. Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Markts30

Commercial Plumber
Reaction score
Carbon monoxide can cause eye irritation...
Buy an inexpensive CO tester and install it to check fort his....

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
How you would fix it would depend on what was causing the problem. Start by checking the CO levels with a CO tester, then proceded if there is a problem.

R

Rancher

Weaselpolooza said:
How would I fix that problem??
Open the window... this is why ventless heaters are against the law in the Republic of California.

Rancher

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
30K BTU in a small space is a fair amount of heat, which requires a decent amount of fuel to be burned. The combustion products are mostly carbon dioxide and water, but the propane is never totally pure, so there are other byproducts, plus, the flame is not perfect (it may need adjustment), so you'll get some CO. Does the thing offer an optional exhaust kit? IF so, you may want to vent it outside. You'll lose a little efficiency, but may save your life and well-being.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks