Price pfister 3-handle valve for rainshower?

Users who are viewing this thread

Georgeoh

Reaction score
I'm thinking of using the Price Pfister 801-DC00 3-handle valve from Lowes (separate hot & cold, plus a diverter typically used to toggle between shower and tub) for a shower-only application. I'd like to use the standard shower output of the valve to operate the standard shower head, and connect the tub output of the valve to a rainshower head, so that I can switch between the two different shower heads. Obviously, I won't be using the tub spigot that comes in the kit, but rather, this will be plumbed into the rainshower.

Any ideas, suggestions, or outright "don't do it's"? I think the valve body is an 01-31XA, but I'm not sure at this point.

Thanks!

Georgeoh

Reaction score
diverter

It will work until the diverter stops diverting and then you will get flow from both showers.

I'm guessing this would be the same situation if I used a separate diverter with a standard shower valve. I called Price Pfister, and they said it could easily be done, but that there may be some flow issues with the rain shower head. I'm going to try it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks