Where do I find specialty plumbing items for my well pump in storage tank irrigation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe T

Reaction score
O.K., If I install a sprinkler system using a well pump in a water storage tank I will need to do the following (no pressure tank and switch to be used):
1) Balance the pumps flow output to the individual zones (ie: 10gpm pump output to 8-10gpm out flow in the zones sprinklers)
2) Wire the pump to the controllers pump start switch.
3) Install a pressure relief valve in the system in case the zone valve does not open.
4) Place the Well pump into a sleeve in order to create water flow over the motor for cooling.
5) Properly design the system with correct piping sizes and valves, etc., etc.

My question is, where do I find a pressure relief valve and at what pressure should I have it open at if my system pressure will be 55psi? I found irrigation pressure relief valves at www.fresnovalves.com or watermanusa.com but they seem larger than what I will need for my yard with my 3/4 HP (220V) pump (approx. 10gpm pump but not really sure yet).

Also, where do I find a pump sleeve? Do they make these for this specific use or do you just Mickey Mouse a sleeve out of 6" or 8" pvc? Thanks for any help. Joe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks