Single handle, pull out nozzle kitchen faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Puzzled

Reaction score
Just wanted some feed back from other users of this type faucet, if they have experienced problems similar to the ones we have experienced with our present faucet. Are these types of faucets high maintenance by their nature, or a result of a learning curve by the manufacturer?
I'd rather not disclose the manufacturer at this time, because they offer excellent customer service, are a very reputable brand, and I have sent them an e-mail listing the problems I'll state here. I want to see how they respond.
We have lived in our house 20 years, have remodeled the whole house. Prior to our kitchen remodel 10 years ago, we remodeled the bathroom, replaced with a set of Price Pfister faucets, they have performed flawlessly. Ditto another faucet maker in another location.
But in the nearly 10 years we've had our single handle, pull out nozzle kitchen faucet, we've had problems from the first. With screens at the hose hookup site on a continuous basis. They furnished a new nozzle in '04 that solved that problem. A year later we replaced the cartridge. About a week ago in cleaning around the faucet handle it began leaking again. I took the handle off, and a pivot retainer is broken. The faucet is presently working if you hit or jiggle the handle to stop the dripping, but I think it's time to replace it. With what?
That's why I am wondering if the pull out spout faucets are always high maintenance, if some manufacturers do a better job. Or if we need to look for another type faucet.
Thanks for hearing me out.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
M... Faucet

That faucet has a history of breaking the black handle cam/pivot. Other than that, it is a fairly reliable faucet. I personally prefer the Price Pfister version but every plumber has his preference.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The pull out nozzles and the hoses are problematic on every brand I have experienced. The hoses are never designed for the amount of mecanical stress and abuse that the are subject to. Even on good brands, the nozzles are flimsy, and the switches that go from spray to stream are always trouble. I will not put a pull out in my kitchen. I have always liked a side sprayer,. and for whatever reason, they are MUCH less trouble, in addition to being easy and cheap to replace.

Puzzled

Reaction score
Thanks to both of you for your response. This is our first experience with this type of faucet, and since the manufacturer has a very good prior history, I wondered if the design was flawed in some way.

They are handy, when they work....but there has been way too much hassle involved in keeping this one working.

Puzzled

Reaction score
Well, this issue will be resolved shortly. My wife received a call today, they're sending a new faucet. A newer model of the same style. So I will have another of this style faucet to try out and see how it holds up.

But I have nothing but compliments for the customer service I have always received from this company, not too many companies unfortunately you can say that about. They have always responded promptly, never a hassle on warranty calls. So I have a chance to see if this style faucet is always a problem.

It may have helped in my email to them that I didn't get emotional, I did not question their heritage. I stated facts and dates. That may help in determining the outcome.

Puzzled

Reaction score
Now the real test begins. The faucet is a Moen, the faucet being replaced is an 87540, the replacement is a 7570.

I didn't want to identify the manufacturer until they had time to respond. As I have said, Moen sent the replacement prior to Christmas. I had to wait till our Christmas company went home in order to install the new faucet.

Did so Saturday, we've been impressed with the improvements in the ease of operating the new faucet. Now we will find out over the next few years if the maintenance issues are resolved.

And I still give Moen's customer service a thumbs up. During all the dealings with the maintenance issues on the first faucet, the fast response to my e-mail listing our frustration with same, and the new replacement faucet, they have been super to deal with. And a big plus - they speak english.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
pull out faucets

no one really makes a great pull out faucet....

if you have children, in time you will find that

they are not really ...... "kid freindly".....

they must have gentle use and not be subjected

to the touture that every normal child and teenager

might put it through....

If not your kids, then the neighbor kids come over

and try to hang on the hose, or whatever........

I am impressed that MOEN sent you a new one
after 10 years.....

thats pretty good

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks