Sewer machine

Users who are viewing this thread

Peevee

Reaction score
I use a Ridgid 750 sewer machine usually to remove roots or other stoppages. I have lost 3 cutting heads in the last 2 weeks by them coming loose. It has the screw that tightens by a 1/4 turn. There's got to be something I'm doing wrong. Any advice?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I can't remember if it is the general wire or ridgid that is reverse wound cable, and if you draw the cable back it can spin the attachment off.

On my spartan it is constantly turning clockwise at all times whether in forward or reverse motion.

The only way I can lose an attachment is to throw the motor in reverse, which is not only dangerous but last resort tactics.

Are you trying to pass through roots all at once or are you going in a little, backing out and cleaning the attachment, going back for more?

I never shoot through roots trying to get past them at one shot; that is how you lose cables along with attachments if a huge root ball comes back and stops you at a ninety or tee.

Go to ridgid.com's forum and pose that question, might be product failure. :whoknows:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
snake

I use a Powersnake with roll pin connectors and have never lost one, and I always make one pass with the largest cutter possible. If you don't make it with the first pass, the second and additional ones are just too messy.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks