Venting Question?

Users who are viewing this thread

JB412

Reaction score
In a house we are remodeling for rental, it has a laundry room which is preety far from the main drain lines. Rather than a vent going up through the roof, it has an inside vent which I've never seen before (note: the kitchen sink has one of these also), which can be seen in the attached pic (assuming I'm successful making the attachment). Is anyone familiar with these? Does this suffice for a vent or do I need to redo to the outside? Thanks for any responses.

Attachments

• DSC02108-320.jpg
    DSC02108-320.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 335

Prashster

Reaction score
Is that an AAV? Didn't know they could handle the rush of a draining laundry machine.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is an AAV and tit will handle the venting quite nicely. Lots of pro plumbers don't like these vents, but I believe there are times and places where they are OK.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Well it's not a true AAV, it is a mechanical vent or trailer vent and they do not meet code. It can easily be replaced with an AAV.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks