Post your Pics, We would love to see your projects!

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is a place to "Post your Pics!"
I know a lot of you have been remodeling your homes, adding kitchens, bathrooms, patios and gardens.
It's time for a little brag time, and to let us ooh and ahh over the pictures.
It's real easy to add them as attachments, four per post.
It may take a few posts to get them on.
Post pictures of remodel, bathroom, kitchen, deck, patio, garden, gazebo, home, condo, 2nd home, vacation home, study, home office, waterfall, pond,
Terry Love

Last edited:

tinner666

Reaction score
Website
www.albertsroofing.com
Did a 2nd bathroom for a country boy's wife. He, his buddies, and I were happy with the end result. Wife doesn't want to pay for it though. None of us have a clue what's bugging her???? We all tried it out and everything works fine!

( She took her towels, washcloths, vase of flowers, soap, toothpaste, etc. out of the lav and back into the house before we took the pics!) :confused:

What is it with some women anyway?????:confused:

Tinner, I'm sad for you that she took the vase of flowers away, I could see that it was needing that.
Terry
2nd%20Bathroom.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Statjunk

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Just finished this about 3 months ago. Still pretty proud of it.

This Master Bathroom used to be about 8' long by less than 4' wide. I moved a weight bearing wall and also had to move all the windows along the front of the house. I also added a Walk in Closet next to this bathroom that is 11' x 7'.

Tom

I bet that adds a lot to the worth of the house, Nice job. Terry

IMGP1002.JPG
IMGP1004.JPG

Erico

Reaction score
Her;s a small bathroom we did for te favorite sister-inlaw..on a budgjet.

Pretty much a gut of this mall 54"x66" room.

New steel cast tub, new vanity and washbasin, new drywall, light fixtures and slate tile all a around - including the surround.

A freebee for th little sister I never had.:)

She's lucky to have you in her life. Terry
meganbroom.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Carter bath remodel

carter_rough.jpg

The rough valves, a Delta for the tub below and two Kohler valves for the shower.
The one of the left is for the ceiling shower head.
carter_valves.jpg

Valves with trim on, and the tile work.

carter_shower2.jpg

Shower with seat, ceiling shower head, Toto Guinevere toilet

Last edited:

garyl53

Engineer
Reaction score
Master Bathroom Pics

Hi,
This is a bathroom that I completed late last year. There was quite a bit of plumbing involved to relocate the tub and shower supplies and drains. I had used the forum to get several questions answered about the plumbing and soldering techniques for the fixtures. The fixtures are Moen Monticello and the ceramic tile shower, tub deck and vanity top used the Kerdi system over 1/2 in. Hardie board. The floor is a matching porcelin tile on 1/4 in. Hardie. I had to build a shelf over one end of the tub to allow it to fit and to cover a chip on the edge of the 20+ year old Kohler steel tub. The tub handles were antique finish so I had them stripped and polished. We used Toto Drake toilet and Toto matching sinks. The last picture is a shot near the beginning of the project. The tub and shower (platform on the left of picture is to enter the shower) were up a few stairs on a carpeted deck (1970's style?). I got lucky and tore out the deck and was able to make the bathroom quite a bit larger by using an "L" configuration. I was able to add a closet where the old shower was located. It was a fun but very long project!
Thanks for the help from all the forum members and moderators!
Gary

Gary, very nice looking bathroom, Thanks for posting the pictures
Terry Love
P1010094.jpg
P1010097.jpg
P1010110.jpg
P1010113.jpg
IMG001.jpg

TheZster

Reaction score
Basement overhaul

Had a basement that was dark/dingy/nasty... with a little work (HAH) - here are just some of the improvements..... (that is a homemade wine rack - solid oak.. and lots of work)

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 953
  • IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 937
  • IMG_0677.JPG
    IMG_0677.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 933
  • IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    17.6 KB · Views: 932

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Nice Shots, how bout some costs involved...so people know what it costs for work like that..heh..

I don't think we need the costs.
Much of this is DIY work, with maybe some sub contractor work thrown in. And that can vary big time depending on where you are, and where the project is. Sometimes I have been on jobs that took me 45 minutes to grab a power cord from the truck, getting back into a secure building and past the guards.
The Zster had some nice shots too.

TheZster

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Terry!! Much appreciated... I, for one, think costs involved give folks a kindasortabutnotreally feel for what's involved in a project. Hence, I'll give a generality - I added 500sq.ft in my basement, including wet bar, tile floors, walls, and built in's for around $5K in materials. As a dedicated DIYer - I do all (ALL) the labor myself... since, as my wife says, "What else are you going to do with your time?"

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Indoor Outhouse

I wanted a toilet in my new workshop, but the shop will not always be heated during freezing weather. So, I used one of these. Since this toilet has no tank for flush water and the flush valve is a large ball valve between the bowl and its base, no water is ever present or contained in the toilet after it has been flushed.
By connecting a hose to the spigot on the wall, I can easily fill and rinse the bowl in its usual way during warm weather. In cold weather (and after disconnecting the hose and clearing out all water), a partial bucket of water drawn directly from the frost-free spigot can be poured directly into the bowl for flushing.
The one drawback in this setup is that a couple of quarts of water must be added and flushed immediately after any solids have been flushed in order to assure the solids do not simply drop into the plumbing below and just sit there. This type of toilet is intended for use directly over a holding tank or composting system where vertical flush is all that is required … like a frost-free outhouse without the odor.

shoplet.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Wow, leej...that reminds me of my old home on nuclear submarines! Our commodes were stainless steel bowls, and the base of the bowl was a 4" ID monelball valve. The flusher was not a foot pedal, but a 3' long lever. A small stop valve allowed a salt water rinse and flush when ready. The ball valve had to be designed to withstand full sea pressure ( test pressure was approx. 540 PSI) but in normal operation was isolated from sea by the inboard-vented tank and two downstream ball valves.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flush

Can you imagine the flush acton with 540 psi at the toilet. Like having a high tank 1250'+ above the toilet. Hang on to anything within 25 feet of the toilet when it was flushed.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
On extremely rare occasions, "accidents" would happen. It would be the result of slight leak by of the downstream valves. The sanitary tank is pressurized with enough air pressure to overcome sea pressure, then the valve to sea is opened and the fishes are fed. Then, and inboard valve is opened and the tanke is vented to equalize with inside pressure. ( Through some carbon odor filters.)

Smart folks learn to rotate the ball valve just a bit, and look for any bubbles coming up. That is your sign to stop!

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
A question for garyl53

I like the little corner shelf in your shower. Did you consider a niche shelf arrangement, and if so how did you convince She Who Must Be Obeyed that the corner shelf was OK?

eeka

Reaction score
Before:
2304191617_ac9ca29118_o.jpg

After:
2683153615_34c99b81ca_o.jpg

Photos don't quite do it justice, but the entire bathroom was previously covered in godawful off-white tile with awful borders, most of which was installed crookedly. And which I discovered seemed to have been installed using drastically different grades of adhesive, and installed over wallpaper attached to normal non-blue sheetrock. Underneath all this was plaster and lath and original wood wainscotting, but it was unfortunately way beyond restoring, so it's now inside my walls. The godawful tile is all either demolished or walled over, depending what was practical. Well, except for the godawful tile around the tub because, um, couldn't really get rid of that without replacing it.

My next plan is to replace the tub with a deeper one with jets and replace the last of the godawful tile with mosaic tile.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks