Jet pump to submersable conversion questions.
First time poster. This forum has been invaluable in keeping my jet pump setup limping along but you can on put so many band aids on a bullet hole.
I've done a lot of research both here and on the net and I want to make sure I understand what I'm doing.
Here are a few specifics on the well.
- Well is 135' deep.
- It's a 6 inch casing.
- The well head (distance to water surface) is 74'
- I only have 110 at pump house and not going to run 220 to it.
Ok, now here are some of my questions.
- Will a 1/2 hp 10 gpm pump be sufficient?
- What is the difference between a 2 wire and a 3 wire pump?
- Do I have to run a ground wire to the well casing?
- As I understand the wire should be taped to the supply line every 5'-8', but the safety rope I use should stand seperate?
- Does the nylon rope support the pump or is it supported by the pipe (PE) coming through the well cap like the current setup?
I'm sure I'll have a few more questions but that will have to wait until I finish my coffee.