Water Softener & Options Recommendations
A summary of the facts:
- Judging from the deposits in and on sinks, toilets, faucets, and tubs, I have pretty hard water
- Recent water report: http://www.hhoh.org/images/huber/pdf...y2012final.pdf
- Household of 3, 1 bath, 1 half bath
- Previous house owner had a softener (took it with them), so a closed loop already exists for an install. I plan to do the install myself. Plumbing experience = water heater install
- Existing piping is ĺ copper
I spent several days looking into this about a year ago, and at that time, had pretty much decided on a 32000 or 40000 grain capacity Fleck 5600 or 5600SXT. At this point, I canít recall what percentage of that decision was based on research vs. a sales pitch.
I plan to buy from Ohio Pure Water, mainly because they are right around the corner. Based on the information above, can someone recommend a system and options?
I'm a pretty competent DIY'er.