Sulfur/Manganese and well disinfecting ?
I have a 275' deep drilled well and we are experiencing the "rotten egg" smell. We have a Culligan Water Conditioner for the hard water and a Reverse Osmosis system for clean tap water. That being said, odor is the only issue right now.
We are currently on a tight budget, so before we spend money on a system to treat odor as well (Fleck or similar), I wanted to try disinfecting the well. I guess my question is, does this sound like something worth trying and if so, what should we use to disinfect the well :confused: ?. It appears most bleach now including Clorox have other chemicals besides chlorine. Is that an issue? Thanks in advance for your responses!