Well pump for Lake water supply
I am building a cottage in Ct. Water will be pumped from the lake for shower and sink. No water necessary for toilet.
1. Can a submersible well pump be used in a horizontal position or must it be vertical to function correctly?
2. Does a submersible well pump require a case or sleeve over it
to operate correctly?
I would like to set the pump 12" above the lake bottom.
The length of 1 1/4 pipe from pump to bathroom is 150'. The rise is approx.25'. Also a cartridge filtration system will be installed. Should the pump size be increased to compensate for the filter?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
well pump for lake water supply
Speedbump, thank you for the help and recommendations.
One more question. Is a cartridge filter the best way to filter lake water for shower and sink use.
lake water supply to cottage
Speedbump & Chris75 THANK YOU
Small Lake is located east of Durham.
The pump was originally going outside the building. The design changed after the water line was installed. Its more practical to use a submersible well pump to avoid outdoor pump freezing.
To answer your question, no electric was installed in the waterline trench.
This creates a few questions.
1. What type of wire for under water application?
2. AWG size and conduit for water environment?
3. Grounding requirements
4. I assume GFI is required.
5. Required depth of conduit in soil?