Floor Drain in a Utility Room
I have just solved my nagging pressure / leaking PTV problem and it got me thinking pro-actively about future leak protection. I'd like to install a floor drain in my utility room where my hot water heater is housed and run the PTV into the drain.
Here are the specs:
- It's approx 36" X 36".
- It sits over a crawl space.
- It's adjacent to the Master Bath (shower, toilet are with in 3' of hot water heater).
My questions are:
- How big should the drain line be?
- Can I tie into the shower drain (possibly share the P trap?)
- Or should it have it's own trap? (I'm concerned with the trap drying out).