Toilet, tub, and sink draining very slowly. Need help!
Hi. Our guest bathroom toilet, tub, and sink are draining very slowly. A plumber gave us a free etimate to fix the problem. :confused: (I don't believe in "free".) The plumber said the old toilet was clogged with lime deposits. To fix the draining problem, he wants to sell us a Toto Drake CST744SL toilet plus install for $651.44 (not incl tax) and he'd rout the tub drain for free.
I'm not sure if this will fix the draining problem. I think the drain line may be plugged and needs to be cleaned out. A new toilet won't fix that.
We live in Bellevue, WA and the house is about 25 years old. With this in mind:
Replacing the toilet...
- Is it likely that lime deposits would cause this?
- How can I check to see if the drain is clogged?
- If the drain is the problem, how difficult is it to clean? Hire a pro?
- I can access the drain cleanout. Should we try cleaning through there?
Thanks in advance for any advice,
- Is an Toto Drake ADA too tall for kids to use? (We have grandkids.)
- I'm handy with tools and remodeling. How difficult to replace the toilet myself? (Yes I read Jamie's instructions, but he's got experience, weighs 60 lbs more, is 10 inches taller, and I suspect 30 years younger. I'd like to hear from the amateurs on this one.)