Power Gravity continues filling

Users who are viewing this thread

nealb

Reaction score
Hi -

I have a Toto Power Gravity, which was installed new 5 years ago. In the last couple of weeks, after a flush, the fill tube continues spraying out water in the overflow tube, even after the bowl is filled. I find that if I gently push the fill valve toward the overflow tube, the valve activates and the water shuts off. What would you think the problem is? If it needs to be cleaned or a gasket replaced, could you explain the procedure?

Thank you,
Neal

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Repairing a Toto fill valve

toto_cst854_inside_tank.jpg

Cleaning or replacement will fix that,
Instructions here

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It could be as simple as a little sand or dirt in the seal, or it may need the seal to be replaced, or worst case, the valve assembly itself (probably less than $10). I think Terry has a link somewhere on here that describes the procedure of taking the thing apart - it's pretty simple. Many of the Toto units come with a Korky valve...you can probably look up the repair procedure on their site if you can't find it here.

Terry typed faster than I... :)

nealb

Reaction score
Cleaning the strainer inside the tube worked like a charm!

Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks