shower head dripping

Users who are viewing this thread

agarst

Reaction score
my shower head is dripping while filling the tub. its 8 yrs old this happend
when i first installed the shower unit i called he company and they sent me a
valve of some sort to put in line above the shower head and it worked for
ever but now its leaking again and i dont know who made the shower i lost all the info has anyone heard of this type of valve or where to get one thank you.

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm not sure what valve you're talking about, but you could always buy a showerhead with a shutoff button. Most hand-held showers have an "off" position as well.

You probably have high water pressure.

shaolin_dragon

Reaction score
agarst said:
my shower head is dripping while filling the tub. its 8 yrs old this happend
when i first installed the shower unit i called he company and they sent me a
valve of some sort to put in line above the shower head and it worked for
ever but now its leaking again and i dont know who made the shower i lost all the info has anyone heard of this type of valve or where to get one thank you.

i have heard of this happening with certain valves, especially if they arent installed correctly. I'm familiar with the Moen valves, and the symptoms you have there are what is called "shared water" or "stacking" ultimately, this means that there were issues possibly with distance from valve to tub lookout pipes, or possibly the type of material on the tubdrop. check the showerhead for a name in the middle of it, or even the plate behind the handle on the wall. there is sometimes a name on it.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
I would repair the mixer because I don't want pressure to build up in my shower riser. Don't believe a valve on a shower head is a good idea. It can be ideal if you want to stop the flow so you can soap up and then rinse.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks