Sticky pressure switch

Users who are viewing this thread

Fishguy

Reaction score
I have recntly installed a new pressure switch. I also was finally able to check the pressure tank and adjust the switch to it's proper setting(see previous thread). Now, every couple of days, I wake up to no water. (I have a KDF filter that self flushes over nite) I have to go outside (burr) and just lightly tap on the new switch and the pump kicks in. All will be fine for a couple more days.
Any idea as to the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Speedbump

Reaction score
Did you buy a quality switch or a big box switch?

Did you clean or at least check the pipes feeding pressure to the switch to see if they were clear?

bob...

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Did you clean or at least check the pipes feeding pressure to the switch to see if they were clear?

That's gotta be it

Fishguy

Reaction score
pressure switch

The line to the switch was clear and yes it's a switch from Lowe's.

Steve

WV Hillbilly

Reaction score
I assume you didn't have this problem till you installed the new switch . If you're sure the water pressure line feeding the switch is clear I'd say you got a defective switch .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks