Genie IntelliG 1200 won't close unless holding wall panel button

Users who are viewing this thread

Mortal798

Reaction score
As the title states, I have a relatively new Genie IntelliG 1200. It has been fine for the last year (it's only one year old). Now one of the sensors flashes red 4 times, pause, flashes red 4 times, pause, repeat... I can't find anything anywhere that tells you what the 4 flashes mean. I found lots of stuff for flashing of the power head LEDs, but not for the sensors. It just says 'call a technician'.

I know that the wiring is good. I did a continuity check and voltage drop test of the circuits ( I am an ASE Certified Master Auto Technician) and got .1 ohms of resistance and .013v drop. The wires are good.

Can anyone tell me what the flashing of the sensor led means?

Thanks!

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
It is most likely a sensor adjustment causing the error and the door does not know that it is completely open.

UN-Plugging the controller would be the first thing to try.

If that don't work then check the Door End Stop Settings.

Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks