Help with reverse osmosis sytem

Users who are viewing this thread

Girevik

Reaction score
I changed the filters on my R/O systems yesterday, including the membrane for the first time. When I was done and turned on the water, I had forgotten to open the take valve and drained all of the watter out of the line and it quit working. I was able to get to going again by puming some more air into the tank, but now it's stopped working again.

I've tried siphoning water up to the line that runs to the sink, as well as putting even more air into the tank, but I can't get it flowwing. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it running?

Construct30

Reaction score
It shouldn't do that, something is not right in there. Make sure nothing is backwards, it shouldn't go together backwards usually. Check for plugs that need removed make sure the check valve is the correct direction. Check for kinks in the lines. Make sure the in pipe is the in and the out pipe is out if you took them off. You did use the correct filters and membrane for your brand, no substitutes? Is this your first time or have you done this sucessfully before? Check here http://www.waterforliving.com/Troubleshooting.html it talks about adding air maybe that's your problem.

Last edited:

Construct30

Reaction score
I guess I should ask what brand and model number do you have? If you have the booklet that came with it maybe you should run through the startup procedure of installing a new unit. Also you know they have to fill which takes hours, you can't just run water like any filter, the tank has to fill if you emptied it.

Last edited:

Girevik

Reaction score
when I unscrew the out valve, I get A healthy flow of water out of the RO, so I'm thinking the problem isn't there. I am able to siphon water, but the flow never gets going.

I had it installed for me, so I'll have to look for the manual.

Girevik

Reaction score
Not sure on the make and model...haven't tracked down the manual yet.

I think I may have figured it out though, and of course it was the silliest thing to bring me maximum embarassment. I turned off the water to the unit when I changed the filters, I think when I turned it back on when I was done I didn't open the valve wide enough to get adaquate pressue. I've opened it up some more and it seems to be working ok now (but I though that last night as well).

At any rate, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I may be okay.

Thanks for your help, and merry Christmas.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks