How do I remove BLFC from Fleck 6700XTR head?

Users who are viewing this thread

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
a regular screwdriver will work. Fleck does make a special tool, but this is only really needed by the assemblers or guys whoe service them regularly. You need to remove the drain fitting from the drain/brine assembly, you will see that inside the drain port, there will be a plastic retainer with 4 slots in it. Insert a crewdriver blade into one of the slots and carefully unscrew the reateiner from the housing. Remove this part and the button will be easily removed. Remeber, number go toward the valve when ou reinstall the button. The button will have numbers on it that indicate the flow rate.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dittohead, he was talking about the BLFC not the DLFC. The BLFC is located in the brass piece that the brine tube connects to. You would have to remocve the brass piece and inside is a white plastic holder. Use needle nose pliers to remove the plastic holder to get to the BLFC. I would not do thid because most of the time the plastic hloder is torn up trying to remove it and if you don't have a replacement, you can not put it back together. you can use a measuring cup and time it. .5 BLFC = 2 cup in 15 sec

ditttohead

Reaction score
Dittohead, he was talking about the BLFC not the DLFC. The BLFC is located in the brass piece that the brine tube connects to. You would have to remocve the brass piece and inside is a white plastic holder. Use needle nose pliers to remove the plastic holder to get to the BLFC. I would not do thid because most of the time the plastic hloder is torn up trying to remove it and if you don't have a replacement, you can not put it back together. you can use a measuring cup and time it. .5 BLFC = 2 cup in 15 sec

LOL, thanks for that correction. I read that post after I played 2 back to back hockey games, and after a 20 hour day.

You are spot on. Remove brass fitting, needle nose... the flow rate is molded into the rubber flow controller. The sticker should tell you, or you can simply put a 5 gallon bucket and calculate the flow.

Thanks!

cgarai

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks, actually I miss-spoke and meant the DLFC, so Dittohead's response to miss-reading my message was just the ticket! Thank you both, as both pieces of info are useful.

Chris

ditttohead

Reaction score
LOL, I am psychic! Here is a picture of the actual, proper tool, we modify it by jamming a Hex key into it.

dlfc tool.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks