Second Floor Laundry Room Help

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeG

Reaction score
I need some help with planning the drain lines for an upcoming project to move our first floor level laundry room to the second floor. The new laundry room will be located adjacent to a bathroom so my plan was to tie into the supply and drain lines along that wall. I have some diagrams attached to show the proposed setup.

My question is around the drain lines. I want to install a washing machine drain pan. My concern is making sure I don’t get a backflow situation with the drain pan coming from the toilet or bathtub that is downstream of the drain pan. My plan was to have p-traps for both the drain pan and washing machine standpipe. Based on my rough drawings attached, do you see any issues with the proposed layout?

I was also planning on installing auto shutoff valves (the Watts system) for the washing machine supply lines.

I need to locate the vent line. Are there any requirements for additional venting for adding a washing machine drain?

Any other gotchas I should be aware of when installing a second floor laundry room?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Laundry Room.jpg
    Laundry Room.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 6,949
  • Laundry Room 2.jpg
    Laundry Room 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,121

Geniescience

Homeowner
Reaction score
Master Plumber. "Bathroom Group" search on this keyword. If you know the difference between all the various fittings, redraw with the right fittings. Then, depending on physical constraints that can only be seen first-hand, a Master Plumber will know what to do. 1. How to vent and 2. how to connect the bathroom to the stack and 3. how to connect the other two drains too. It takes years of training and experience. Too much to direct you over the internet, and I am not a plumber. Hope this helps. Hope the next input is from a Master Plumber who can tell you precisely what you need to know in detail at the right level of terminology so that you can implement exactly right what is required. I wouldn't expect it.

david

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks