Help! New Bathroom Sink Question

Users who are viewing this thread

CMyers

Reaction score
I know this has a very simple answer but I have installed a new bathroom sink and vanity. I need to know how to get the little ring that goes around the drain hole in the bottom of the sink tight to the porcelin. I have tightened by hand as much as possible - not enough. It's already 2:45 and I'd love to have a working sink tonight!!!:eek:

Plumb or Die

Plumbing Instructor
Reaction score
There are proper tools for this job, but you're in a hurry. Jam a pair of long needle-nose pliers down the hole. Have thier jaws open enough to straddle the strainer. Use this like a back up wrench and tighten the nut with a pair of channel locks/pump pliers. Hope you used plumber's putty. Good luck!
PS If you need more leverage on the needle nose pliers, grip the handles with a crecent wrench.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks